Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Best Way to Hunt for a Job

So, I know that you just can't wait to read my next entry (mom).  I have to be honest the committment to be brilliant three times a week is tough, even for me. 

Fortunately, I learned a very important lesson many years ago:  Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery.  I plan to steal from others on my team as often as possible.  That being said, here is part of posting from Walt Tarrow's blog:

According to the 2012 edition of Richard Bolles' What Color Is Your Parachute?, the best way to hunt for a job is Doing An Inventory of Yourself.

That way is successful about 86% of the time!

Another way to put it is if 100 job seekers used this approach, 86 of them would find their next job.

This inventory of yourself is thinking about WHAT you enjoy doing most, WHERE you would enjoy doing what you enjoy doing most and HOW to get there.

to read more: http://waltsjoblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/best-way-to-hunt-for-job.html

No comments:

Post a Comment